Complaint Review: Kaplan University - Pinnacle

• Reported By: Trish — Spring Hill Florida United States of America
  • Kaplan University - Pinnacle

Internet
    United States of America

Kaplan University - Pinnacle KAPLAN WILL RUIN YOUR EDUCATION THROUGH FINANCIAL AID FRAUD , Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Financial Aid

I enrolled in Kaplan University in the summer of 2007.  At the time I was taking care of my terminally ill mother and thought I would further my education.  Little did I know that I was entering into a school with unethical procedures.  Kaplan is now known for creating large financial bills for students that collect financial aid.  They continuously enroll you in classes, then all of sudden you are locked out.  When trying to get an answer no one will call you or email you.  They claim I owe them 6800.00 ++ dollars.  I was astounded.  I was never ever told that my loans were over.  My FASA was always approved, along with my subsidized and unsubized loans.

I am asking that anyone that has been ripped off by Kaplan and lives in florida to contact me.  mailto:(((REDACTED)))@att.net, I am going to the attorney generals office consumer fraud division.  Withe enough complaints we can have a class action law suit filed against Kaplan.  This will stop them from ruining students life and hopefully close them down.  They obviously are not a professional university.

For anyone in the other states start a list of people that will help file a complaint with attorney general consumer fraud division in your state.  Together we can stop them

Trish W.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university-pinnacle/internet/kaplan-university-pinnacle-kaplan-will-ruin-your-education-through-financial-aid-fraud-582693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Financial Aid

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, your experience is not unusual. However, I suspect that you, like many students, just didn't understand how the FA process works. Once you sign for the loans you are obligated for them. If you believe that Kaplan ripped you off by enrolling you in classes but then blocking access to those classes, your best bet is to notify their accrediting body (North Central, http://www.ncahlc.org/) and the federal student loan office (http://www.staffordloan.com/) and complain. A class action suit is likely to be unsuccessful, costly, and time consuming. However, if you clearly demonstrate fraud you may not have to pay back your loans.

What did you mean by, "my loans were over"? A FAFSA is not "approved". It is merely a document that describes your financial position. Once it is received by Kaplan, they determine how much federal grant money you may be entitled to and how much institutional iad you may qualify for. Student loans are available to pretty much anyone, but YOU signed for them, and were probably required to complete an inprocessing type of tutorial to ensure you understood what you were doing. In addition, they would have required an MPN (Master Promissory Note) that describes your obligations.  If you're sure you did everything right, then contact the agencies listed about and file a complaint.

Good luck!