Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Updated: Tue, December 29, 2015
  • Reported By: Michelle — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
  • Kaplan University

USA

Kaplan University Kaplan Has Closed!!

I am a former Kaplan online graduate.  Last month I received an e-mail from my student loan company stating that my forebearance had been approved.  I never filed for a forebearance, so I was really confused.  I called my provider, Great Lakes, and was told I was put in a forebearance because Kaplan has closed.  The forebearance was put in place to give me time to fill out paperwork to try and get the rest of my loan forgiven and possibly get back all the money that I have already paid.

Contact your student loan provider and find out if you can apply for a loan forgiveness.  If you do decide to go into a forebearance, make sure you pay the monthly interest so that your balance won't increase in case you are not approved for the foregiveness.

Kaplan is finally going to get what is coming to them.  I graduted with a useless degree in November 2010 in Accounting.  I have never received any calls from companies that I applied to for open positions in accounting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2015 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/-/kaplan-university-kaplan-has-closed-1276769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content