Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: Michelle — bloomington Indiana United States of America
  • Kaplan University

Internet
    United States of America

Kaplan University will steal your money and the program sucks! Internet

I started attending Kaplan University in 2009. When coming close to completing my degree I tried to transfer, the credits are no good anywhere else, so i went back to KU and then they tell me I have no FA left, why didnt they tell me this when I was getting close? Then they tell me I owe 391 and until that is paid I cant attend classes. They informed me this money was sent back to FASFA but FAFSA says it wasnt. Since last June 11 I have been trying to get re enrolled back into KU  but have been lied to and mislead about everything.

My start date was 6 months ago and  several times in between but yet I have not started back yet. Now the 391 has been turned over to collections to where I was told I could get a loan from the school to cover it but they didnt give me nothing but the run a round and now collections is after me, I was also told that I could get the Kaplan Choice Loan to finish school, with a few terms to go they still havent gotten me that loan. They set me up for failure from day one knowing I couldnt financially do this! they are too expensive and now I'm screwed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2012 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/internet/kaplan-university-will-steal-your-money-and-the-program-sucks-internet-838283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content