Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: Rachel — Charlotte North Carolina USA
  • Kaplan University

Nationwide
    USA

I enrolled in Kaplan University under the premise of an accredited school and that financial aid would be afforded.  They said I did not qualify for federal aid and therefore had to secure a private loan which they helped me set up.

I found today that they had secured 16 different Stafford Student Loans in my name totalling almost $55,000 and because I did not pay them back not only are they in default but with interest they are up to almost $70,000 and I never graduated because I found out the diploma was not honored in NC.

They are misleading and they are a scam.  Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2017 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/nationwide/kaplan-university-financial-aid-fraud-nationwide-1371337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Kaplan University

AUTHOR: - ()

I read and signed for a private loan not a federal student loan and certainly no 16 of them...from the research I've done people that have actually graduated did not incure that many loans or dollar amount.  I signed one contract with CitiBank NEVER a federal stafford loan

How Were You Misled???

AUTHOR: Ajax - (USA)

Starting out early wailing like a serial deadbeat, eh? In YOUR words, they helped you get private loans. There was at least one contract which YOU signed to get a loan. Did you even for one split microsecond READ what you agreed to BEFORE you agreed to it? For the loans to be granted, YOU had to agree to them. No valid complaint here!!!