Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: Terry Butler — Riverside California USA
  • Kaplan University

Nationwide
    USA

Kaplan University I was told at enrollment I had enough money to complete courses for BS degree. When it came time for graduation in July they added 6 to 9 more classes. Nationwide

I was told by Kaplan University at enrollment that I had enough money to complete my Degree in Psychology.  I followed their schedule and sometimes took an extra course to graduate early.

At time of graduation in July of 2012 all of a sudden there was a problem with my credits. Mind you, I talked to my counselor every month to make sure I would graduate in July and everything was ok. I was told how many classes I had to complete.

All of a sudden I needed 9 more classes to graduate. I talked with several counselors and head of the department which reduced it down to 6 classes. His explanation was that the requirements had changed since my enrollment. I checked my enrollment schedule and saw where they had added classes. I took the classes anyway because I was too close to getting my degree.  After I graduated they said I had a balance of $642.00 so I never received my degree nor got a job in that field.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2016 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/nationwide/kaplan-university-i-was-told-at-enrollment-i-had-enough-money-to-complete-courses-for-bs-1321817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content