Report: #1199373

Nationwide
    USA

Kaplan University rip off Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: comment

Kaplan University Student Aid used up all my students loans and once I didn't have any other money to continue my education, they took it upon themselves to supposedly lend me the extra money I needed to finish getting my BA without my knowledge. Once I was done with school they send me a bill for 9,000 dollars that I owed them and it was due immediately. I didn't have that kind of money nor I do now. I offered to make payments, but while I do that, I have yet to received my degree. I not only owe Kaplan University 9k I also owe the department of education 40K. i haven't been being able to apply for a job on the career I chose so I can make more money or better money so I can start paying my loans because Kaplan University is holding my degree until I pay what I owe them, "No degree no better pay, no better pay no money, no money no payments..... and it goes on like that. How Kaplan expect to get pay if I can't get my degree to get a better job!! That is a complete ripped off. So i guess If I get to pay them in 10 years paying the minimum I can afford now, I'll be getting my degree in 10 years.... What should I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2015 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/nationwide/kaplan-university-rip-off-nationwide-1199373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

Unfortunately, you're a victim of your own ignorance. Every semester, the insititution will send you a student aid report that says what money you are entitled to in grants, loans, and scholarships. It is the student's responsibility to READ these and determine what sources of money they want to tap in to. If you didn't want Kaplan to loan you the money to finish your degree you shouldn't have signed for it. At some point you had to sign a promissory note to pay it back.

You still have a degree, just not a diploma or transcript. Your best option at this point is to pay off Kaplan as soon as you can (take out a different loan if you have to) so you can have your transcript available for employers.