Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Reported By: Natatia — mcconnelsville Ohio USA
  • Kaplan University

Nationwide
    USA

Kaplan University RIPPED OFF, AND LEFT WITH NO DEGREE, JUST STUDENT LOANS!! Davenport Nationwide

I was currently attending Kaplan University, for my associates degree in medical assisting Just before my last term, I was dealing with some personal issues. Kaplans educating adviser Carmella Molaro, advised me to take a leave of absense for one term.

I agreed, and then filled out the paper work that was required for my leave. After a few days that I sent my form back, I received a letter stating that I was dropped from my program, and unrolled from Kaplan.

I then became confused and contacted Carmella, and she stated she never received my paper work. I then went into my email and took screen shots of the date I sent them in, the time, and the form its self.

I was then advised to contact education of returning students. After weeks and weeks of no calls back, and no one answering the phone. I finally get a call just a few days ago.

They want me to return to school. However, the degree that I was working very hard for, no longer is offered at the school. Are you kidding me?? I was only two class away from graduating! And now I'm not allowed to finish what I have started! I am stuck with loads of student loans, and no degree!

She told me to take a leave for 1 term, which I did, and now I am not allowed to get the degree that I was working for.

They offed that I could take the medical assisting certificate, but finical aid will not cover this one class, because it is 5 credits and not 6. This one class will cost me 2,555, which I do not have.

I then asked if I could take two classes even though I just needed the one, and was also turned down.

I contacted other schools to transfer credits, but no one offers my degree. They also told me what they are doing is wrong, because students usually have up to a year to finish, even though the program was dropped. Now what??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2016 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/nationwide/kaplan-university-ripped-off-and-left-with-no-degree-just-student-loans-davenport-n-1295885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content