Complaint Review: Katherine & Michael Smith - Dixie Horseman Transport - Shire Farms

• Submitted: Fri, July 29, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 29, 2005
  • Reported By: Chesapeake Virginia
  • Katherine & Michael Smith - Dixie Horseman Transport - Shire Farms
    www.shirefarms.com
    Hickory, North Carolina

Katherine & Michael Smith - Dixie Horseman Transport - Shire Farms ripoff, scam artists, fraudulent horse dealers Hickory North Carolina

in August of 2004 I bought a horse from Katherine & Michael Smith,trading as Dixie Horseman Transport. The mare was represented as being totally child/husband safe,push button w/show & jumping experience that could be ridden Western or English. I was told she was 7 years old.It took almost 3 weeks for her to be delivered from NC & I live in Virginia-about 4 hours away.

I kept getting one excuse after another for the delays.

When I threatened further action, I got a call & my mare was delivered 2 days later. She arrived filthy, w/ numerous bad cuts that were in various stages of healing, her hooves were horribly long, which caused her to trip while walking & hadn't been tended in a very long time.

She had obviousy been abused as she has trust issues & has issues w/ her face & head being touched. She was NOT child/husband safe at all. The first time I rode her, she reared up on me.

She needed LOTS of work & time to regain trust of humans. I lost her Coggins & attempted to get Katherine to send me another one after talking to her but she never sent me one, so I doubt it was a legit Coggins to begin with.

I had my vet do one so I'd know it was legit.

When my vet checked her teeth, I was told my mare was betwen 10 & 11 years old,not 7 as I was told. My husband & son can't ride her unless I ride her first & tire her out. I will keep her & show her that the human hand can be a loving one so that she never has to endure abuse & neglect again.

The Smiths need to be held accountable for what they have done & continue to do to this day!

Anne
Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2005 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/katherine-michael-smith-dixie-horseman-transport-shire-farms/hickory-north-carolina/katherine-michael-smith-dixie-horseman-transport-shire-farms-ripoff-scam-artists-f-151741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content