Complaint Review: Kayak.com

USA
  • Phone: 8479719394
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Kayak.com Kayak.com booking hotel and cancellation policy is a SCAM Hinsdale Illinois

I booked business travel for a hotel stay at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott through Kayak.com.  Due to a Viral Respitory Infection I got a day before I was suppose to travel, I called Kayak to cancel and they refused to refund my money.  They stated that I was not cancelling within the 72 hour window, but they did say they would contact Marriott to see if they could obtain the refund on my behalf.  I received call from Kayak today stating they never cancelled my hotel stay and that Marriott was not refunding my money, what?  As you can see, I was really confused by the entire process.  So I call Marriott direcctly and they showed no record of Kayak trying to communicate to them on my behalf.  Marriott also stated that it was not up to them to refund me but rather the 3rd party I booked with.  As you can see, I would trust the word of Marriott at this point and not Kayak.  With that said, Marriott also mentioned that they could have refunded and not charged for the room to the 3rd part but it was up to the 3rd party to decide that they would refund the money to me.  As you can see, Kayak.com essentially could get my refund back and refuse to pay it back to me.

That was the first time I used Kayak.com and the last.  Utterly useless customer service and complete SCAM! In my business travel community, I will make sure the word get's out.  As business travelers, we need flexibility and great customer service.  Neither of which, I experienced on Kayak.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kayakcom/hinsdale-illinois-60521/kayakcom-kayakcom-booking-hotel-and-cancellation-policy-is-a-scam-hinsdale-illinois-1060811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content