Complaint Review: Ken Hughes / Merchants Credit

• Reported By: Houston Texas
  • Ken Hughes / Merchants Credit
    MerchantsCreditGuide.com
    I, Illinois

Ken Hughes ,Merchants Credit Continuously calling home phone line; if answered,asks to speak to my husband but mispronounces our last name; if unanswered, leave message same as others reported "it is very important..." I Illinois

We have been receiving several calls per day from 888-249-4134 for the past 6 months or more. If answered, the voice of Ken Hughes (that is the same one when a message is left) asks to speak to my husband, grossly mispronouncing our last name.

Today I answered the call around noon and told Ken that he wasn't available and could I take a message. He stuttered as he said no thank you and hung up. I thought that the constant phone calls would cease since I had actually answered the phone.

No way - he called back at 4:30p and left the same "urgent" message but does not ask for anyone in particular: just states "it is very important that you contact Ken Hughes immediately. This is not a sales call or a solicitation. Your urgent response is requested (or something like that)" and then a return phone number is given to call 888-249-4134.

About a week ago I answered a call from a man asking for me and my previous married name (I've been remarried over 5 yrs). I told him there was nobody here by that name because I'm certain I have no unattended business from that previous identity.

He then became insistent in asking me if I knew her or how to get a hold of her, then had the audacity to ask me to verify the last 4 digits of my SS# - that's when I cut him off dead in the middle of his tirade and asked him what kind of idiot he thought I was - I know better than to give out ANY identifying info about myself to ANYONE over the phone and told him to never call here again or I'd get more information and report him to the Better Business Bureau. He hung up before I completed MY tirade.

M G
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2006 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ken-hughes-merchants-credit/i-illinois/ken-hughes-merchants-credit-continuously-calling-home-phone-line-if-answeredasks-to-spe-217486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content