Report: #1206977

• Kevin R. Cruz
    1211 W. Imperial Highway, Ste 225
    Brea, California
    USA

Kevin R. Cruz OCDriversEd.com Unresponsive, rude, yells and hangs up. Claims things in contract that aren't true Brea California

My teenagers first formal driving test and also got the hours on line for written test. Started with on line so no formal introduction or verbal communication in anyway comes from Mr. Cruz during this period. Not even a follow up to see how its going or when the written test will be taken. That all is fine, but the real concern starts with the driving lessons. I, the parent, left no less than three voice mails on the(888) number (I believe it was more and this was over a two week period) before finally getting a call back and although my vmx was detailed that we were trying to immediately get the driving set up, now that my teenager had finally passed written test after fourth try over an 8th month period, the vmx back left only his name. Nothing about when a driving lesson could be set up.

So then had my teenager call, and I saw his attempts to reach Mr. Cruz, and there were about three of them over a few weeks. Again finally get a call back, but vmx only with his name and no details of when a lesson could be sent or how to get ahold of him sooner. No apologies or even acknowlegement of how long he takes to return calls.

I took over the responsibility of calling again, realizing if he isn't considerate of me, he is most likely going to be even less considerate of my teenager. All of my vmxs were pleasant and professional but did remind him of the attempts to reach him and the urgency in getting our teenagers driving completed so they could start driving and then take their driving test. Again no acknowledgement of our concerns.

When I finally got ahold of Mr. Cruz live all I heard from him was complaining about how many calls he gets and has to return. Not a single apology that it had taken about six weeks to even be able to talk to him live and schedule a lesson. After that he started lecturing me about it taking so long for our teenager to pass his written test and that he has a right to now charge an extra $100 (he said as the internet states) to provide the driving lessons we had already paid for a year before. I pointed out that nothing was ever said to me, our teenager, or his father about this. He basically said that was our problem and that our teenager who found his website was legally responsible for making sure he read the whole thing. I pointed out a teenager cannot be held legally responsible for anything like that. I also pointed out that the website did not say the teenager needs to complete the written test within 6 months of us paying for his services. What the website said, at least at that time, is that the teenager must complete all driving lessons within six months of the first driving lesson or an extra $100 could be charged. I reminded Mr. Cruz that not even one lesson had been taken yet as he  was not returning our phone calls and that when he did he provided no information about his schedule and when lessons could be given by him. He proceeded to get loud and talk over me and was saying we would have to come up with more money for him to provide lessons. He actually hung up on me when I raised my voice arguing back. Then when I text him about his rudeness (keep in mind all my words were professional and no bad language) he text back saying if I text him again he would file harrassment charges. Sometime later he tried calling again and I would not take his calls and he was clearly not in control of himself. He called my teenagers father and proceeded to tell him I was rude and told him he wanted another $100 in order to complete lessons. My understanding is my teenagers father would not agree to this. Eventually my teenager did get his lessons but Mr. Cruz verbally argues with him as well right before his first lesson. We did not pay the additional money Mr. Cruz was asking for. I would never have had my teenager take lessons with him if we hadn't already paid him.

This was by far one of the worst service experiences I have ever dealt with in my life. I do not believe someone who conducts themselves in this manner should be in a service business especially one as important as teaching a teenager how to drive. I do not believe he should be around teenagers at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2015 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kevin-r-cruz/brea-california-92821/kevin-r-cruz-ocdriversedcom-unresponsive-rude-yells-and-hangs-up-claims-things-in-co-1206977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content