Complaint Review: Kevin Trudeau

United States of America
  • Phone: 888-856-90
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Kevin Trudeau FREE MONEY False information. Rude customer service, they hung up on me. Will not return my money. Internet

While reading Free Money, I read in chapter 6, Tax Credits, page 49 some false information.  It is printed:

The credit is up to $8,000 ($4,000 if you are married filing separately).  You are allowed to deduct ten percent of the purchase price of the home up to that $8,000 limit.  If you buy a $900,000 home, ten percent would be $9,000, so you would be limited to the maximum of $8,000.  If you buy a home for $500,000, you are allowed a credit of $5,000.

The last two lines are false.

Ten percent of $900,000 is $90,000.

Ten percent of $500,000 is $50,000.  You would still get the $8,000.

We are buying a home a $236,000 home and using the tax credit.  I was upset, thinking that we were only going to get $2,360 credit.  My husband pointed out that the book was wrong.  Thank goodness.

I called customer service  at 888-856-9046 and talked to Mr. Mays.  He was very rude.  He said if I read the page I would know what Kevin Trudeau meant.  That is not the point.  The book is giving wrong information.  I asked Mr. Mays to return my money.  He said since it was pass the 30 return policy he could not return it.  I said I realized that, but I was returning it because it gave false information.  He said he could not do anything for me and HUNG UP on me!!!

I should not have to pay for a book that gives false information even if it is past the 30 day return policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2009 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kevin-trudeau/internet/kevin-trudeau-free-money-false-information-rude-customer-service-they-hung-up-on-me-w-494746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content