Complaint Review: Kings Creek Plantation

Williamsburg, Virginia
    USA

Kings Creek Plantation Sales pitch scam Williamsburg Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: King's Creek Plantation Tradeshow Packages

I saw a booth at a local home improvement show for vacation package in Williamsburg, VA. They were offering a 4 night package for a decent price at Kinds Creek Plantation in Williamsburg Virginia. Wish I had walked right by but instead I bought their package.

I knew there would be a time share pitch but was told it wasn't high pressure. After getting home I started researching Kinds Creek and noticed that even for a time share they have more complaints against them with the BBB than any other place in Virginia. I also saw the reports listed on this site for Kings Creek Plantation. If I could have canceled and gotten my money back I would have but they make sure there are no refunds.

I set the visit for May 13 through May 17 with the sales pitch scheduled for the morning of the 14th. What happened when we went for the sale presentation is what I want people to know about.

When we arrived for the appointment they handed us a form to fill out although they already had all of the same information on the contract we singed when we purchased the package. On the form were a series of boxes for different income levels. My wife by mistake marked the box for $35,000 annual income.

The counter girl called us up after about 15 minutes and said that they would not give us the presentation because of that box being marked on the form. When we told her that it was a mistake we were told that we couldn't change it.

So instead of giving us the sales pitch they charged my credit card for an additional $300. After their treatment we packed up and left the same day. So for over $600 I got less than 24 hours.

My suggest is for everyone to stay away from this place. I heard the lady at the check in desk tell someone that they were being changed an additional $250 for being their pet and it did not matter if they left their credit card would still be charged. Do not let them get hold of your credit card number for they feel free to put any charges they want to on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kings-creek-plantation/williamsburg-virginia-23185/kings-creek-plantation-sales-pitch-scam-williamsburg-virginia-1066342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

King's Creek Plantation Tradeshow Packages

AUTHOR: Kings Creek Plantation - ()

We regret that you did not complete your stay with us. And, we sincerely apologize for your frustrations. Please allow us to elaborate on how our Tradeshow packages work while allowing our Guests to enjoy and preview our Resort at very reasonable rates. First, the discounted packages, that are associated with a preview of our Resort, have conditions that must be met. We inform all of our potential package holders of these conditions prior to their purchase. We do so again in the reservation confirmation letter and in the confirmation call prior to the Guest’s arrival. When a Guest comes to preview the Resort and does not meet these requirements (which includes providing accurate information on the form), they cannot be approved to take the Resort tour. There is a $300.00 fee attached to being disqualified, which infact is also shared with our Guests in advance, and in writing prior to their visit. We adhere to our terms and conditions in order to be fair and consistent with all of our Guests. We appreciate your feedback as we take these shared experiences as an opportunity to improve our level of customer service.