Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2007

• Reported By:NY New York
Kip Kaplan
20 West 22nd Street, Suite 814 New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Music

Kip Kaplan Working with Kip Kaplan does not pay New York City New York

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Michel did an unprofessional job

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I did string arrangements for Kip Kaplan, and conducted the recording and contracted the players. The payment was supposed to be $2000. On the day of the recording, he paid me $1000, and said that he would send another $1000 check in a week. Week after week, I called him to ask him when the check would be going out. When he would receive my calls (when I blocked the number), he would be caught offguard, stall and say things like "I wish you had called a few days ago, the money was ready, now we'll have to wait... call me next week." Finally, I called him and he rudely announced "I don't work with them anymore." I asked him what he meant... he'd been promising me payment for six months. He said, "what I'm saying is I don't WORK with them anymore," and hung up. But it was his company. That guy still owes me $1000, and it's been years now. Do not work with or for Kip Kaplan. I see that another ripoff victim of Kip's named Julie also filed a report against him and Audioworks Producers Group. More people who got shafted by this guy need to speak out.

Stillpissedoff
NY, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2007 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kip-kaplan/new-york-new-york-10010/kip-kaplan-working-with-kip-kaplan-does-not-pay-new-york-city-new-york-285848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kip Kaplan

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Michel did an unprofessional job

AUTHOR: Audioworks Producers Group - (U.S.A.)

Michel was hired to chart, contract, and conduct for a string session. The charts were deemed by the client to be inadequate, and not very good. The resulting session was considered a disappointment by the client. The client failed to pay us the balance as a result. Michel was advised of all of this, but insisted to be paid for work that was not used or appreciated by the paying client.