Complaint Review: KlearGear

• KlearGear
    kleargear.com
    Internet
    United States of America

Purchased an item from KlearGear.com and without even thinking about it clicked on a checkbox to agree to their "Terms of Service" sales agreement.  They promised delivery within 10 days.  After three weeks and unsuccessful attempts to contact them about my order - I cancelled the charge with my credit card company.
A few weeks later I received an email from KlearGear's legal guru "Stephen Gutman" informing me that I owed KlearGear $50 for canceling my order due to the terms of service I had agreed to.  Their "Terms of Service" are buried two pages deep on their website.  I then reviewed these terms and also found out that if I disparage these parasites; I will owe them an additional $3500!!!
This company is evidently in the business of providing poor service causing uninformed customers to cancel their orders and then owe 2-3 times what the garbage merchandise cost.
I repeat - STAY AWAY - BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kleargear/internet/kleargear-kleargearcom-this-company-practices-extortion-beware-internet-1007535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Constitutionall Wrong

AUTHOR: LottieP - ()

No company can make a policy that infringes on our constitutional rights, i.e. freedom of speech. I say civil suit, if not criminal.

Ted,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

You can 'Google' this- WOMAN FINED FOR WRITING ONLINE NEGATIVE REVIEW, and read the articles that just became available on the web today. It appears that a woman posted a Ripoff Report and was fined $3,500.00 by the company she exposed.

WELCOME TO AMERICA- YOU MIGHT BE FINED $3,500 FOR POSTING A NEGATIVE REVIEW

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Kleargear had previously used badcustomer.com to keep victims/customer silent William Bermender Chenal Media Exposed

AUTHOR: Troll Hunter - ()

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Looks to me like if there was a contract at all, kleargear breached it first by failing to deliver the items ordered

AUTHOR: Former Deputy - ()

All those threats to quash a truthful negative by threatening fines - too bad none of that effort couldn't be put to satisfying the customer in the first place or correct kleargears mistake.