Complaint Review: Kroger

• Kroger
    111 Towne dr
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    USA

Kroger Krogerlouisvillereturnfee Processed returned charge through bank account after checks were taken care of Elizabethtown Kentucky

*General Comment: Wow---

I had written a check to Kroger companies. Although my check didn't initially clear at first when they redeposited the check it cleared. Two weeks later they then took an additional $50.00 out of my bank account as a return check service charge all though they redeposited it and it cleared. I didn't not authorize them to do this. It has not only caused my bank account to become negative $17 dollars but stopped my water bill from processing as well with four children in my house. Luckily my water company was willing to work with me. However, if I wouldn't have paid attention to it, my children wouldn't have water after close of business tomorrow all because Kroger decided to take an additional$50 without my consent. I don't have a problem paying the fee but on my terms not by them just automatically taking it out of my account. This seems wrong and should be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2016 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kroger/elizabethtown-kentucky-42701/kroger-krogerlouisvillereturnfee-processed-returned-charge-through-bank-account-after-che-1335296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Wow---

AUTHOR: Striderq - (USA)

You authorized this when you gave Kroger the check. There's a sign that says what the return fee is and by giving them the check you agree to the fee if your check is returned.

I'm astounded by your arrogance that you have a problem with the fee, saying you'd pay them when you wanted to not when they processed it. They could press charges for giving them a check when you don't have the money to cover it. But to be upset over them charging the fee, when you're not upset about giving them a bad check...astounding.