Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

These guys, Vincenzo and his son Marco, moved their locksmith business into the strip mall a few doors down from my store. For the first couple of years things were fine. They seems like honest and likeable people, in spite of the rumors I heard. Marco even cut me a new pair of keys as a freebie when mine broke.

One friend told me Vincenzo accused him of hitting his store sign with his mini school bus. He never went near his place with it, he always parks it at the other end of the parking lot. Delivery trucks often hit signs and rarely do the drivers have the courtesy to tell the owners, but you can't just point to a random guy and accuse him. Needless to say, it didn't sit well with him. I wrote it off as a personal disagreement.

Then the Polish caterer next door to me was having problems with vandals. He suspected Marco was behind it and when I asked him Marco denied it, and told me the guy was making stuff up. Only later did I learn that Marco has a sketchy past and was known to police.

In November 2016, I fixed his son's broken 3DS power jack and when he traded me some stuff for it, he then wanted to borrow a copy of the game The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. It was $40.00 and I was willing to offer it to him for $35.00. I took him weeks while he saw his son (shared custody with the ex, no surprise there), gave him the game and waited to see if he like it. During this time he promised me that he would pay me for it and he even gave me a PS3 game (Skylanders: Giants with the platform)as a token of his appreciation for being so patient with him.

He never kept his promise to come see me and when I tried asking his father Vincenzo, he angrily told me he had nothing to do with him and his business.

In January 2017 I asked the landlord to intervene and he was told by Vincenzo that he hadn't seen Marco in two months. In February 2017, I decide to press Vincenzo for answers and after hanging up on me the first time, he says he hasn't seen his son in two months, but guess who calls me back 5 minutes later on Vincenzo's cellphone?

Marco tells me he doesn't owe me anything. He says that the two calls that I made to his father are $40.00. That the game he gave me was in trade for the Zelda game. He then suggests that I call the police, knowing they'd be unwilling to do anything about it.

I'm weighing my (legal) options and I'm getting my locks changed (duh), but this just such a hassle for me, but guys like him don't care. Not at first, though. They do later, when s**t blows up in their face.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2017 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-clef-mm/lasalle-quebec-h8n2p2/la-clef-mm-m-la-clef-the-fathers-crazy-and-the-sons-a-crook-lasalle-quebec-1355642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La Clef MM