Complaint Review: LA Fitness And Body Of Change

• Reported By: Glendale Arizona
  • LA Fitness And Body Of Change
    10160 N. 67th Avenue
    Peoria, Arizona

LA Fitness And Body Of Change Was told I did not sign a contract and can cancel training services at any time Peoria Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: How it works

Met with a trainer for my free training session which was included in my LA Fitness membership.

After my session discussed options to meet with a trainer. Was only given a year option of two training sessions per month at a cost of $78, but was told I could cancel at any time.

Made the necessary payments to begin my training sessions. I hesitated when I went to sign the necessary paperwork and at that time I was assured I was not signing a contract and can cancel my training sessions at any time. I said that was good because I do not have my glasses on and can't read the print on the small screen where I was signing. At that time I thought I was signing my credit card approval.

I went to LA Fitness today 12/16/07 to workout and to cancel my training sessions. I was then told that I did indeed sign a contract, and I could cancel the contract, but would have to pay for the rest of my sessions.

I was totally lied to and deceived into signing a contract. In other words I was ripped off. What do I do?

Heather
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2007 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-fitness-and-body-of-change/peoria-arizona-85345/la-fitness-and-body-of-change-was-told-i-did-not-sign-a-contract-and-can-cancel-training-s-291825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Heather,
I used to work for LA Fitness and I used to have alot of interaction with Body of Change. Their contracts are for a minimum of one year and if they told you otherwise, then they misinformed you. The only way to buyout of it is to pay 50% of the remaining balance on the agreement and you have to let the company know of your intention to do a buyout. Another route that you can take if you have the time and the energy is to file a formal complaint with your local Better Business Bureau and inform them of your situation and how it was handled. The company takes all complaints filed with the BBB very seriously and does everything they can do to resolve them as quickly as possible. Usually, they issue a full refund for all charges accrued against your provided billing information. You can also get out of your agreement if you're not looking for a refund by obtaining a medical statement from your doctor stating that you are physically unable to work out. Hopefully this information helps.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds