Complaint Review: LA FITNESS - PRO RESULTS

• Reported By: Encinitas California
  • LA FITNESS - PRO RESULTS
    201 S. EL CAMINO REAL
    ENCINITAS, California

LA FITNESS - PRO RESULTS BEWARE SALES AND CONTRACT AND STAFF!!! ENCINITAS California

I started talking with a trainer, a minute later I'm being sold months of training.
Fair enough; I signed for 6 months. No mention of how to cancel or penalties, etc.
I was warned tho not to leave any wallet or valuables, tho because "ex general manager" had just been arrested for having thugs steal out of clients cars using key/remotes while they were working out.
A month later, I have a sports injury and decide to bank my sessions. Also, decide
to find out about cancelling and now find out I have to pay 50% penalty of contact remaining as 'exit cost'. Very ugly.
I decide to 'bite the bullet'. Pay it off. But now it converts to month to month, unless you send them a 'letter'--this from the staff who high pressured me into buying instantly and can't help me in any way to be done with this.
Ok, so I send a letter. And then I'm charged another two more months on my card before I catch it.
The CATCH IS: YOU MUST MAIL, REGISTERED, CERTIFIED ONLY--ELSE THEY IGNORE IT AND RIP YOU OFF. YOU CAN'T GET OUT OTHERWISE.
When I went to the Post Office--the window clerk 'explained it' to me. They "rip you off" until you catch on. Then when I groused at my bank to the teller (just to see) she said, "oh, happened to me also... and I've heard it about it since!"
EVIL CORPORATE SALES AND RELATIONS--Be warned. PRO RESULTS esp.

Dave
Encinitas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-fitness-pro-results/encinitas-california-92024/la-fitness-pro-results-beware-sales-and-contract-and-staff-encinitas-california-354632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content