Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Reported By: Westfield New Jersey
  • LA Fitness
    San Diego California
    San Diego, California

LA Fitness LAFitness continues to charge full amount after membership put on hold San Diego California

I recently moved from California to New Jersey and I have attempted to put my mebership on hold 3 separate times because I cannot use my membership in NJ as the nearest LA Fitness is 45 minutes away.

All three times, I have paid a fine to put my personal training membership on hold so that I will not be charged the full amount and still every time I have recieved a report from my bank that I have been charged the full amount for three months in a row. Every time I have called up customer service and they make excuse for why it happened, mostly complaining that they don't have good communication with their franchises. Only this last time did they promise to give me a full refund on the money they keep taking from me. If my experience with them in the past is any indication of the future, then I highly doubt I will see that check.

They must be complete idiots or just plain theives.

P.S. All of the hot tubs smell and taste like urine.

Sean
Westfield, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2008 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-fitness/san-diego-california-92007/la-fitness-lafitness-continues-to-charge-full-amount-after-membership-put-on-hold-san-dieg-323169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content