Complaint Review: LA Fitness/Body Of Change

• LA Fitness/Body Of Change
    403 West Chester Pike
    Haverford, Pennsylvania

LA Fitness/Body Of Change Big Time Rip Off!!! Haverford Pennsylvania

I have to say that I am not happy with LA Fitness/Body Of Change at all. Two things that were not told to me. 1) I didn't know that you would get charged $90.00 to freeze your membership and 2) I also didn't know that they will automatically re-activate your account after 6 six months.

When I called back in Feb 2007 to freeze my personal training membership, I was told that they will not do anything to my account until they heard back from me. I asked several times and the guy I talked to told me the same thing over and over again.

Fast forward to Sept. 2007. I was hit with a $143.00 charge to my bank account. I was very upset. I was going to re-activate my memebership, but after this, I canceled everything. I called the Haverford, PA location and told them what happened. They asked me for a number where I can be reached at and told me that someone from the corporate office would call me within two hours. This was yesterday (9/4/07). Needless to say, I never got the call from the corporate office.

So I called again and asked for the phone number to the corporate office so I could call them myself. Of course they told me that there is no phone number, but they gave me a address. So I took the address they gave me and went on Google. I got the phone number for the office in Houston, TX and Irvine, CA. I called the corporate office myself and canceled my whole entire membership. I did get a cancellation confirmation email, but at this point that means nothing.

So I'm going to watch my account for awhile and make sure no charges are made. You can cancel on line or over the phone. You really don't have to send a certified letter. I see a lot of those mysteriously get lost. Oh, they won't reverse the charge.

The numbers are 1-800-600-2540 (Irvine, CA) and 1-888-889-0984 (Houston, TX). I would tell anyone to go do some laps around a track before I tell them about joining LA Fitness/BOC.

JazzyLady
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2007 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-fitnessbody-of-change/haverford-pennsylvania-19041/la-fitnessbody-of-change-big-time-rip-off-haverford-pennsylvania-272532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content