Complaint Review: LA Weight Loss

• LA Weight Loss
    13222-137 Avenue
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Canada

This story started out over three years ago while I lived in Calgary. I signed up for the LA program, which basically has you watch your portions, eat their bars, vitamins, etc. to hit a "goal weight". To do this, costs more than $1500.00, but the promise / catch is that once you hit your "goal weight", and keep it off for half a year, you recieve a $250.00 refund, and then after another half a year (one year total), you recieve another $250.00 refund.

So, it was planned out that it would take me X amount of time (I cannot remember, and it is not an overly important point) to hit my goal weight. I ended up reacing my goal weight a month earlier. Pictures were taken and this was recorded in my file (during the weight loss phase, I had to visit 3 times a week for a weigh in / discussion and then 2 times after that).

I was convinced by the staff at that time that I should lose a little bit more, so I tried. Problem being that I never hit the lower number. However, I did keep to around my goal weight for the time frame for the refunds.

I then moved to Edmonton, and apparently my file was supposed to also. Unfortunatly due to whatever reasons, I began to gain weight. The workers at LA Edmonton sold me more bars (which are expensive), and I began the weekly visits (although looking back, I am not sure why as I was entitled to the refunds as it was). So, after I figured all this out, I began asking about my rebate. I was given the runaround for a year and a half (including at least ten unreturned calls, numerour managers promising me that my refund check was in the mail ), then during one phone call, I was told I did not qualify for the refunds!

So, here I am two years after the fact, $500.00 owing to me. After going as far up the LA line - which ended at the regional manager telling me that I was out of luck BUT "LA would waive the sitting fees if I spent another +$1000.00 on bars to obtain my refund".

I would be glad to share the "LA Weight Loss Secret" for free to anyone...If I am not going to get my refund, at least I can get satisfaction in screwing them back.

Ck_bpp
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2008 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/la-weight-loss/edmonton-alberta-t5l4z6/la-weight-loss-screwed-me-out-of-my-50000-refund-edmonton-alberta-299496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Ck_bpp - (Canada)

Oops - just realized I checked off the LA Fitness, which was wrong - meant to use LA Weight Loss.