Complaint Review: labcorp

• Submitted: Sun, December 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012
  • Reported By: jackmcnulty — pleasant mount Pennsylvania United States of America
  • labcorp
    po box 2240, Burlington, North Carolina 27216
    Internet
    United States of America

labcorp fraudulent billing practices Internet

I recently had routine lab work done and was informed by my insurance company that one ofthe tests, Lipid panel was not covered by my plan. I soon received a bill from labcorp for $93.00 for the lipid panel test. I thought that was high so I checked the internet to see what other labs were charging and by accident got on to the labcorp online store. I found that Labcorp only chrges $55.00 for the same test if an individual sends the blood sample in to their lab. I contacted labcorp to find out why I was being charged $38.00 more for the test they advertise for only $55.00 online.

Their written response was "...the prices on our website are lower due to the fact that they are discounted. These prices are for patients who donot have any insurance to file and want to pay at the time of service. We hope this helps to clarify....."

In other words since I have some form of insurance even though this test is not covered they can charge me $38.00 more for the same test. First they admt they jack up prices if you have insurance andsecond they will jack up the price of an individual test on anyone who gets turned down for coverage by their insurance company. Beware of this lab..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/labcorp/internet/labcorp-fraudulent-billing-practices-internet-982860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content