Complaint Review: Labcorp

• Reported By: Randal — Vancouver Washington USA
  • Labcorp

San Francisco,
    USA

Labcorp Violates CMS Medicare Contract: fraudulent billing San Francisco California

Labcorp is asking for more money than what they are legally entitled to.  CMS has a contract with Healthnet for all laboratory charges to be covered under the Healthnet Violet Opion 2, but Labcorp submitted the charges under Healthnet Option Plus, a plan I do not have.  Labcorp alleges that Healthnet paid something, but Labcorp is not willing to resubmit the charges under the correct plan.

I have contacted my congressman about this, and my congressman reports that CMS hasn't responded, even though it has been over two months.  My problem adequately illustrates why you need a single payer system, since the current system run by so called risk managers (insurance companies) doesn't work, and hasn't worked in a very long time.

Labcorp turned the charges into LCA within less than 90 days, and before they even contacted me about an alleged balance left over after insurance.  In response I contacted Labcorp and requested a copy of the bill they submitted.  For several months labcorp wouldn't provide me a bill.  Finally they faxed me a copy of the bill, and I noticed they submitted the charges under the wrong plan.  I then contacted Labcorp billing about this, and they advised they are unwilling to submit the charges under the correct plan, which is the Healthnet Violet Option 2.  My insurance company won't respond to correspondence, emails, phone calls, or anything else.  So at this point it is up to congress to straighten this out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2017 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/labcorp/san-francisco-94110-1323/labcorp-violates-cms-medicare-contract-fraudulent-billing-san-francisco-california-1359222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content