Complaint Review: Laketown Speed and Sound

• Laketown Speed and Sound
    11710 South State Street
    Draper, Utah
    USA

Laketown Speed and Sound Issac Mueller, John Mueller Laketown Speed and Sound ripped us off almost $65,000. in FJ refurbishment Draper Utah

RE: Laketown Speed and Sound I have spent over $70,000. on 3 different vehicles with Issac and John Mueller and Laketown Speed and Sound in Draper Utah since 2004 . In September of 2016 we had modifications to our FJ started. In summary, I want to say that I have never been so badly treated, lied to so much, blatantly ripped off, and disappointed, by any vendor in any industry in my life. After giving these individuals dozens of opportunities to come clean, and do what I paid them to do over a 9 month period and simply do what they say they are going to do , and what I have paid for, with very little being done due to lack of parts or some other excuse like “I left your parts (bumper bolts) in my Escalade, so you will have to book another appointment and come back in 2 weeks“, I am at the end of my rope. I no longer trust John or Issac Mueller at all. As a consumer, I have rights. There will be a reckoning legally.

My advice for anyone looking for modification work done to any vehicle is caveat emptor. I will add to this review as this drama concludes. It will be ugly, no doubt. There is a lot of detail and this review is just the tip of the iceberg. Over 9 months of begging for service , the endless theatrics, complications, lies, and waste of my time by Issac and john Mueller is ridiculous by any standard of customer service. Today they just ' lost' 4 bumper end caps for starters at 200. each for an FJ and a skid plate. There are more missing parts I have yet to itemize and total. I am filing a police report. We have untold thousands of dollars to dispute for equipment we never got, $13,500 in un-itemized and arbitrary labor I paid for to fabricators that have quit in the middle of my modification and ‘misc. ' charges on invoices that are undocumented and false. We paid $3500. for an absolutely terrible paint job that included over-spray on our new wheels, and $1250 for Katskin seats that have never cooled or heated properly. We were charged $1500. For labor and $800. For parts for a rock box we never got. We got new 2 part wheels that were damaged in installation for $4,000. plus a slew of other items that just go on and on. We were promised replacement new wheels and have never received them. To my disgust, John Mueller has referred me to his wholesale vendors on the wheels and the paint which is terrible customer service. These vendors will not talk to me. ALL of these items I have been promised over a 3 month period now would be fixed at no cost to us.

In March I put over 30 items on a spread sheet and met with John and about half of the items are fixed. Needless to say these items are not fixed. I am livid. The blatant lack of accountability form Issac and John Mueller and his crew is sharply contrasted by their competitors. They defer to the people they contracted and want me to dispute items with their vendors I do not know. They are throwing me to the wolves. They take responsibility for nothing. Back in October of 2016 I prepaid 100% over $55,000. In parts and labor for our FJ modifications. I made the mistake of trusting Issac Mueller to create a build for a unique vehicle. It has turned out that he did no research as to the compatibility of suspension parts and new parts had to be ordered to replace those he mistakenly ordered. I had a rental car out and wanted the work done timely to minimize the expense. He promised me the work would be done in 3 weeks. 3 months later I was still renting a car waiting for the FJ to be completed. Issac did a poor job following up with his vendors and fabricators as to specifications and we got a lot of problems because he did not know what parts worked together. We should never have trusted Issac. His communications with his head fabricator Orlando were so poor that Orlando quit in the middle of our build job. We were facing huge delays without our vehicle and more rental car expenses because Issac did not know what he was doing. His father blamed substance abuse problems with Issac and other personal issues for the delays. Hardly a professional remark. I am being advised to charge back credit card charges by my two banks, and a law suit to include pain and suffering for 9 months of problems, dozens of broken promises and 4 months of car rental fees when the work was promised to be done in 3 weeks. I have text and email confirmation of these facts.

I will not walk away from this fiasco but I will never talk to these people again. The proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back was when I was trying to get back up lights installed for 9 months and I had made numerous appointments only to drop the car off for the day to return at 6 pm and have nothing done. This had happened several times before . I kept giving them chances to get the job done. I am determined to be made whole. Call me for any point of information. I am reporting this situation to www. RipOffReport.com, the Better Business Bureau and every social media review site I can muster. I believe this type of problem is happening to other clients. In fact I have been in contact with other disgruntled clients of Laketown and am considering a class action law suit unless they pay me back on the overcharges and do what I paid for. We are done with broken promises and wasted time. We do not trust John or Issac Mueller to do the work they say and what we paid for. We have given them innumerable chances to do so and we are just done with being taken advantage of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2017 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/laketown-speed-and-sound/draper-utah-84020/laketown-speed-and-sound-issac-mueller-john-mueller-laketown-speed-and-sound-ripped-us-o-1381682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content