Complaint Review: Lancaster County Roofing

• Reported By: Ephrata Pennsylvania
  • Lancaster County Roofing
    321 Valley Road
    Millersville, Pennsylvania

Lancaster County Roofing did not honor 10 year workmanship warranty roof leaked 1 year after replacement Millersville Pennsylvania

In 2001 I called Lancaster County Roofing to replace my roof. They charged $3200 to do it. I have cathedral ceilings in my home and when they replaced the roof they bounced the bundles on the roof and cracked the dry wall inside the house. When I reported it to them the denied responsibility and I filed it with my homeowners insurance who went after them for the damages. Then my roof started leaking very, very bad.

They have a 10 year workmanship warranty and they will not come out and fix the problem. Meanwhile I have a large soft spot in my roof and the peak is sinking and falling in. From what was seen while they were replacing the roof they used the old tar paper instead of replacing it with new because it was to hard to put on while the wind was blowing. I have to now take them to small claims court for the damage to my home that has been done from their poor workmanship and failure to back up their warranty. I will not stand for them doing this to me and I hope I can stop them from doing it to someone else.

Angie
Ephrata, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2004 05:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lancaster-county-roofing/millersville-pennsylvania-17551/lancaster-county-roofing-did-not-honor-10-year-workmanship-warranty-roof-leaked-1-year-aft-110988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content