Complaint Review: Lancaster Partner Limited

• Lancaster Partner Limited
    Lancaster House Hazel Grove
    Internet
    United Kingdom

Lancaster Partner Limited Lancaster Partners - Misleading Sale! Cheshire, United Kingdom, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Not a Misleading Sale

Being contacted by this company, who was representing the Avon and Somerset Constabulary. Agent told me is was an add, that I was under no obligation to buy it, but they could send me a proof and the amount via post so I could agree with it and buy or cancel if it was expensive or not what I wanted.
 Instead received an invoice saying that I had to pay 420,00 for a full page. With my signature on a piece of receipt with the amount that I have never agreed with.
 I then contacted the company saying that it was very expensive, I had not agreed with this and I wanted to cancel it. that's when they informed me that it was a contract not subject to cancellation, but they could reduce the price for me for a half page!!
 Contacted the Avon and Somerset Constabulary who then told me:
"Avon and Somerset Police Federation are not involved in the diary advertising process.  The diaries are produced by a company called Lancaster Partners and provided to our members."

Will be sending them a formal claim, as I will not pay for a service that I did not authorize, that is fraudulent and deceptive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2009 04:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lancaster-partner-limited/internet/lancaster-partner-limited-lancaster-partners-misleading-sale-cheshire-united-kingdom-504951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not a Misleading Sale

AUTHOR: LP - (United Kingdom)

When the agent called on this lady he did not say that she could cancel the advertisement at the proof stage. The lady signed the advertising contract in two places, the receipt part that was put on the bottom of the proof is a reminder that she had signed, what she does not say in the report is that the main part of the contract that she signed, dated and put her status on all in the box that shows the price and size of the advertisement she booked, in large bold wording in this same box it states that it is "not subject to cancellation" and "not a provisional booking", in this area it also states in large red wording that "a signature in this space is legally binding, do not sign unless you are authorised to do so and your company is prepared to be bound by this contract", the lady's signature actually goes through this wording.

When this lady telephoned after receiving the proof, not an invoice, she did ask to cancel the advertisement, it was explained to her that it was not subject to cancellation, it was the lady who said, "If I cannot cancel, can I reduce the size of the advert", our sales department agreed to the reduction and we contacted the lady to let her know we would reduce the advert and cost as a gesture of goodwill. She now said no I want it cancelled. This was not a misleading sale, the lady in question knew exactly what she had signed for, when the lady first telephoned us she said that she can't afford this, we believe that is the the crux of the matter and not that the agent had misled her into signing the contract.