Complaint Review: Latestfashions

• Latestfashions
    6312 SW Capitol Hwy #421
    Portland, Oregon
    USA

Latestfashions Merchandise Auto Renewal Scam - Low Quality Jewerly Portland Oregon

I received a very cheap watch and necklace in the mail, merchandise I did not order.  I called the company, Latestfashions, to inquire and was told this was part of a monthly auto renewal service I subscribed to.  After protesting that I did not and questioning the company, she finally said I may have taken an on-line survey after I made an online purchase a month ago which would have automatically entered me.  Apparently it was hidden in the fine print that I agreed to a monthly merchandise subscription.  When I asked how much the merchandise cost she told me $189.97!!!!!  I told her I wanted to be cancelled and would immediately return the merchandise. She then told me she would cancel me, and she would "do me a favor" and only charge me $94.98. I told her I was calling the credit card company and immediately, reporting this as fraud, returning the materials with a request for signature that they received and I would not pay a penny.  She then told me I could keep the merchandise as a “free gift” and gave me 100% refund.  I still contacted the credit card company and reported this and disputed the charges.  I wonder how many unsuspecting people they are doing this too!?

I looked on line and see several others making the same complaint; apparently they are also doing this with handbags as well as the jewelry.

Finally, I looked up the watch and the necklace on line. The Q&Q Water Resist watch retails for $15 - $25 and the necklace at Wal-Mart for $19.99.  If I didn’t demand my money back and agreed to 50% they still would have made more than double the actual value of these products.  SCAM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2017 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/latestfashions/portland-oregon-97239/latestfashions-merchandise-auto-renewal-scam-low-quality-jewerly-portland-oregon-1399962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content