Complaint Review: LDC COLLECTION SYSTEMS

PO BOX 52030
    Phoenix, Arizona
    United States of America

LDC COLLECTION SYSTEMS MISTAKEN IDENTITY - HURTING MY CREDIT Phoenix, Arizona

I have received three notices from LDC Collection Systems on behalf of the City of Tucson's FARE program regarding Case Number TR99276983, an apparent driving violation in 1999.  The letter is addressed to Francisco Javier Dominguez and states a balance is due for $618.80.  My name is structured different but has some similarities - definitely not an exact match. I also live in Colorado and have NEVER in my life been to Tucson.  I simply was not party to this case.

I have contacted the City of Tucson several times.  The first time over the phone the government employee was very dismissive and told me to contact them over the web - he also mentioned that the date of birth on file did not match mine.  I sent an email to the court and received a response from Diane Cotter (diane.cotter@tucvsonaz.gov).  She asked me to fax a request for dismissal of the case along with a copy of my driver's license.  I complied with such request about a month ago.  Much to my surprise, I have received an additional letter, this time saying that if I don't pay in 30 days my credit report will be impacted.

LDC Collection Systems and the City of Tucson are operating with impunity and outside any ethical standards.  I question their legal ability to try to collect a ticket from 1999 from a total stranger.  This is ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ldc-collection-systems/phoenix-arizona-85072/ldc-collection-systems-mistaken-identity-hurting-my-credit-phoenix-arizona-775276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content