Complaint Review: Leading Business Solutions

• Leading Business Solutions
    8001 Castor Ave. #353
    Philadelpia, Pennsylvania
    USA

Leading Business Solutions LBSPAGES.NET Scam for unsolicited web services Philadelpia Pennsylvania

I was contacted by someone saying that they had sent several invoices that were overdue. They claimed to have provided Search Engine Optimization for our business at a cost of $600.00.  According to them, with interest, the amount had gone up to $957.95, but they would settle "Today Only" for $850.95.

Things sounded fishy:

They originally asked for a principal that had not been associated with the firm for 18 months.

They insisted they had sent 3 invoices since JANUARY 12, 2012, and a due date of JANUARY 12, 2013.  I see all invoices presented to my company and had never seen them.  Furthermore, we ad no file indicating we had a contract with them.  I asked for a copy of the contract and was presented only with a copy of the supposed invoice.  I said I would not pay anything unless they could produce a contract.  They said their "Legal Department" would be in contact.

Further checking revealed several things.  First, the business "Leading Business Solutions" could not be found on Google - pretty poor for a company that supposedly provides SEO.  Second, when I entered their name with an address (from the "invoice") I found their website at www.lbspages.com.  It was a very simplistic site that looked worse than the free sites you get fom web providers.  Third, on their ABOUT page there was a grainy photo showing about 20 people captioned as their "Dedicated Search engine marketing techniques experts"  I later found through Google images that the photo came from another, unrelated business.

Additionally, I checked the WhoIs and found that the site was created April, 2013 and runs for only a year!

All in all, this company is obviously a scam outfit trying to trick accounts payable people into paying for services they are convinced they overlooked.

STAY AWAY, better yet, report them to the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 04:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/leading-business-solutions/philadelpia-pennsylvania-19152-2695/leading-business-solutions-lbspagesnet-scam-for-unsolicited-web-services-philadelpia-pen-1083852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content