Complaint Review: Legacy

• Legacy
    billview.com
    Nationwide

Legacy Ld Llc ripoff Long Beach CA

I was in PA at the time, I used a pre-paid AT&T calling card at a hotel. The operator said this would go to through AT&T. My Verizon bill showed a $33.50 charge for 9 minutes in calls. 3 calls 3 minutes each. Lagacy would give me a credit of see the pasted e-mail from them in (")quotes.

"Thank you for your reply. The amount billed was $33.50 plus tax for the calling card call dated 11/28, and for the third party calls placed on 11/29, and 11/30. The adjustment offer is $7.40 plus tax. If this adjustment is accepted then the amount remaining on your bill will be $26.10 plus tax. This credit will be issued on a one time basis. If you use LEGACY LONG DISTANCE in the future, then the rates billed would remain on the bill; they would not be adjusted. When using your calling card you may access your carrier by dialing your carrier's access code or 1-800 number from any phone. When placing third party calls you may access your carrier's lines by dialing their 1-800 number from any phone. Please let me know if you accept our offer. Thank you.
John."

Now I am screwed, I have to pay or my local phone service will be shut off. Thanks Legacy!

Charles
Hedgesville, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2004 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/legacy/nationwide/legacy-ld-llc-ripoff-long-beach-ca-77673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content