Report: #1081947

• Lehigh Regional Medical Center
    1500 Lee Blvd.
    Lehigh Acres,, Florida
    USA

Lehigh Regional Medical Center Look in my ear. Wrote a prescription. Billed $920! Leehigh Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Try negotiating

I have had dizziness, fullness feeling in my head, sharp pains, aches and itching in my ears.  I went to hospital and they had a clinic set up.  They told me most of the bill would be taken care of.  I had to wait at least 30 minutes in there waiting area and at least another 10 minutes in another area.  I recieved two bills $300 and $620.  The prescription for a antibiotic ( about$25) DID NOT help.  I paid the $300.  So I was charged $920 for nothing!!  Add the $25 bringing the total to $945 for absolutely NOTHING.  Of all the times I have been to see medical people I have never been pleased with the results and the charges were always outrageous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lehigh-regional-medical-center/lehigh-acres-florida-33936/lehigh-regional-medical-center-look-in-my-ear-wrote-a-prescription-billed-920-leehi-1081947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try negotiating

AUTHOR: gavilan - ()

Hate to break it to you but if you don't have health insurance they will charge you exorbitantly no matter where you go. This goes especially if you go to the ER. That's the real problem with health care in this country.

Go to the hospital's finance department and try negotiating with them. I've heard of people who have been able to get over half to, in some rare cases, 80% of their bill discounted. The rates that they charge cash payers are several orders of magnitude higher than what they pay to insurance networks. They'll probably work with you.