Complaint Review: Lenox Capital AKA Freedom Resources

• Reported By: Oxford New York
  • Lenox Capital AKA Freedom Resources
    Some Post Office Box
    Woodstock, Georgia

Lenox Capital AKA Freedom Resources, AND "Florida Bank, NA" As everyone knows by now, this is a big scam and I have partially tracked them for you big ripoff Woodstock Georgia

*Author of original report: After recieving and viewing my "Benefits Package" it proves even more that this company is a scam.

I'm so glad I came across this site, even though it may be too late for me to get a refund I will NOT give up the fight against these scum.

I fell for this scam right after Thanksgiving time of 2002 and I knew it sounded too good to be true (I guess that's why I've been waiting over 4 months now), but I was desperate for money. It's not that I have "bad" credit, it's that I'm in my early 20's and have NO credit. I wanted the money to be able to afford the security deposit on a nice place to live with my girlfriend. (Totally unrelated, I'm hoping to ask her to marry me on this coming Thanksgiving) Like most others that posted here, they took $221.95 from me and it WAS a cold call, they did not give me a number to call back. After spending over $150 on my phone bill calling these people just to have them "pretend to care" and have to date "claimed" to have sent 3 seperate packages and they claimed they up-ed my limit by $100 to help offset my phone bill. After coming across this site 2 days ago I tracked "Lenox Capital", "Freedom Resources" or whatever name they go by this week back to the bank they used to illigally draft those of us that got scammed. The ACH and Routing number point to:

Florida Bank, NA
6301 Benjamin Rd, Ste. 105
Tampa, FL 33634

Phone Number: 813 887 3388
Routing Number: 063113442

I read somewhere on this site that helped explain what to do if it was after the sixty day period, but sadly I can't find that information now, so I may post again later when I can give more helpful information for those of us that were ripped off by this company and their misleading "wastes of flesh" they have for a staff.

AJ
Upstate, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2003 03:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lenox-capital-aka-freedom-resources/woodstock-georgia/lenox-capital-aka-freedom-resources-and-florida-bank-na-as-everyone-knows-by-now-this-53417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Aj - (U.S.A.)

They tell you their website address is http://www.FreedomResource.cc and type your username and password on the cover letter (10 digit phone number/last name in caps, respectively) yet you can't log into the site with that information. The give you a little form to fill out to get your "Stored Value MasterCard" and explain that you have to have your employer deposit money onto the card or you have to transfer money from your bank to use it. It says a $2500 spending limit, but doesn't explain what happens if more then $2500 is deposited. Without the deposit or transfer it's just a piece of plastic taking up room in your wallet or purse. Calling the number listed on the cover letter of the package (678 239 0131) leads to a dead phone line, doesn't ring or anything.