Complaint Review: Lenox Hill Hospital ER

• Lenox Hill Hospital ER
    100 East 77th Street
    New York, New York
    USA

Lenox Hill Hospital ER I was refused treatment strictly because "I WAS a was a COP WITH A GUN". New York New York

*Consumer Comment: And?

Medical record no. 5674923 RE: Refused treatment at Lenox Hill Emergency Room. I went to Lenox Hill ER on 12/20/16 at 04:10 hrs for treatment of a UTI and infected prostate. I identified myself as a retired member of the NYPD (retired 1st Grade Detective after 25 yrs in good standing) due to the fact that i was carrying my licensed handgun. I filled out proper paperwork n was seen by a professional male intake nurse who took my vitals, pedigree info, n asked me to furnish a urine sample, which i did. Numerous other patients came n went but i was not even spoken to by a physician.

A second nurse came over to see how i was n to retake my blood pressure. I saw my initial intake nurse asking him why i haven't been seen yet and he immediately spoke aloud to a few doctors at their station mentioning that i was there over 2 1/2 hrs n have not been seen. Finally a different security guard stopped by asking me if i was an off duty cop. I stated that I was retired. He said the doctors were a bit ANTSY in treating me. I asked ANTSY about what? He stated "THEY WERE NOT GOING TO TREAT ME BECAUSE I WAS A COP WITH A GUN".

Keep in mind I did not have any words with either patient or staff. I was never even given the results of my urine test. Yet Blue Cross n Blue Shield were billed over $2000.00 which I have protested and I am expected to pay $150.00 co-payment which I have also protested. I was completely REFUSED TREATMENT. At no time was I requested to safeguard my weapon which i would have gladly done. The next day i went to my family Urologist Dr Becher who prescribed two (2) types of antibiotics and one (1) type of pain killer. I was told I had an extremely bad infection and any longer would have been in the hospital. DISGRACEFUL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2017 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lenox-hill-hospital-er/new-york-new-york-10075/lenox-hill-hospital-er-i-was-refused-treatment-strictly-because-i-was-a-was-a-cop-with-a-1355667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

And?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

There seems to be a bit of your story missing. Such as what happened after the Security Guard told you that they were a bit antsy.

When you were told they were "antsy" did you then offer to secure your gun?
Did they at any time order you to leave?
Did any of the doctors/nurses ever actually state that they are refusing you treatment?
Did you at any time ask one of the nurses what was going on or did you just get up and walk out?