Complaint Review: Lenscrafters

Newark, California
    United States of America

Lenscrafters YOU PROBABLY HAD A LOOSE SCREW!!! Newark, California

*UPDATE Employee: LensCrafters

In September 2012 I had a pair of lenses made for a frame that I had purchased at an earlier time from Lenscrafters. At the time, they checked the frames and said they were suitable for a new set of lenses. After 3 months, one of the lenses fell out and I didn't realize it right away. I called Lenscrafters and asked if they could remake that lens for me.  They said it is against their policy to replace lost glasses. I did not lose the glasses but just one lens because it evidently was not put in correctly.  I was told that it was probably because the screw was loose and I should have checked it.  Since I had already used my insurance for the first set they were going to charge me nearly $300 to replace both lenses. Their policy is that I have to buy two lenses even though the one I have left is perfectly new!! She said they could allow me 30% off of a new SET which I don't need. My husband and I have purchased at least four pairs of glasses at this store and I cannot believe that they won't take care of this. I cannot afford another set of lenses so I asked if they would put the old lenses back in my glasses because it was better than nothing. She said she thought they could do that.  I have to wait two years before I can purchase glasses with my insurance again. I will never shop at this store again, or this company, for that matter. They just don't care about their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lenscrafters/newark-california-94560/lenscrafters-you-probably-had-a-loose-screw-newark-california-990218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

LensCrafters

AUTHOR: LensCrafters Customer Care - (United States of America)

Hello, thanks for reaching out to let us know about your experience.  My name is Jamie and I am with LensCrafters Customer Care.  I am very sorry to hear about your eyewear.  Please send your contact information and the location you visited to Icare@LensCrafters.com as I would be happy to try to help.  You may also call us directly at 1 877 753 6727 (option #6) and anyone will be happy to assist you.