Complaint Review: L'ETOILE

• Reported By: Doris — Redlands California USA
  • L'ETOILE

Los Angeles, North Carolina
    USA

L'ETOILE Illustra, PureBeauty, KKYCollageneye Total Fraud Los Angeles North Carolina

Advertised on Face Book under the guise of The Shark Tank who at the time was advertising a face cream. I was under the impression the Shark Tnak was the sponsor. All you had to pay was shipping and handling for a free. sample.

I rec. L'Etoile and also Illustra which I did not order. Our credit card came and what a shock.  I was charged $98.09 for  a product called Pure Beauty and $89.29 for another product called KKY Collageneye.

i called the the California number and was informed that I had checked a box and now had to pay.  This gentleman named "Ryan" offered to give me a refund ranging from 10% to 50% on each item.  This negotiating went on for seeral minutes.  Finally I hung up and he called me back twice, now the refund was 50%  I refused and called my credit card company.

Bad news, Mastercard informed me that this went on all the time and if I checked a box the above company would reject our claim. I do not remember checking a box, but ?

I then called an alternate number in Wy. I asked the lady why I had found their product on the Shark Tank, her answer "We use a third party ?" I then asked why the products were listed under another name.  Her answer "When we run out we substitute"

Having no choice but to cut my losses I told her that Ryan had offered me a 50% refund. She agreed and now I'm to rec. a refund of $93.70 on my Mastercard  within 72 hours.  Lesson llearned.  Also I tried the product one time and awful.  I've been using a computer for 30 years my first and last scam. there is no address on the product, ther was no brochure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2017 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/letoile/los-angeles-north-carolina/letoile-illustra-purebeauty-kkycollageneye-total-fraud-los-angeles-north-carolina-1364573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content