Complaint Review: Liberty Tax Service

525 W. Columbus St.
    Bakersfield, California
    USA

Liberty Tax Service Misrepresentation of Filing Bakersfield California

I just recieved a desturbing document wanting more information on my employment status. When following up with this letter, it was told to me that the IRS sent a flag of my self-employment. I was asked if I had worked, I told them not since 20**. Have you filed a tax return? That's when I remembered Liberty Tax filing a claim supposedly legally for a Child Tax Credit. The appointment was set. I told them my status which is disabled and they continued the claim resulting in figure restructering, had me sign papers.

Charging me their fee, plus a fee to the person who referred me. When my claim was accepted, they called my phone asking me if ### ## #### was my SSA# and at that time I knew there was something wrong. The lied, decieted, scammed, and misrepresented the filing statuses. I will now have to adjust what was recieved due to their neglegence. I feel they should have to pay this and whoever else that may be experiencing the same fraudelant behavior by their (Liberty Tax Service) personal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/liberty-tax-service/bakersfield-california-93301/liberty-tax-service-misrepresentation-of-filing-bakersfield-california-1080751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content