Complaint Review: Lifeline Screening

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Reported By: John - Albuquerque — albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
  • Lifeline Screening
    6150 Oak Tree Blvd Park Center Plaza II, Suite 200
    Independence, Ohio
    United States of America

I had a Lifeline vascular screening in September, 2009 -- there is a high incidence of vascular disease in my family.

I experienced a satisfactory degree of courtesy & professionalism at my screening appointment and with the report provided.

However, subsequently, I have been pestered by unsolicited email and printed solicitations to schedule additional screenings, and these unsolicited contacts have included personal information from my prior screening.

When I called Lifeline to state my complaint and request cessation of these solicitations, the call-center person express umbrage that I was offended.

I have no complaint the Lifeline Screen is able to and has provided competent service, rather, their business-building behavior is not entirely appropriate and professional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lifeline-screening/independence-ohio-44131/lifeline-screening-excessive-and-inappropriate-solicitation-independence-ohio-837962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Life Line Selling Info to Third Parties

AUTHOR: Mahweea - (United States of America)

I had a Life Line Screening today and they DO have a consent form for each individual to sign either consenting to sharing your information with third parties of refusing.  Consenting or not consenting has no affect on your screenings.

If you start receiving solicitations after a screening, it is because you said it was ok.

Privacy

AUTHOR: Joelle Reizes - (United States of America)

Thank you for asking the question.  We do not believe the original poster was asking about third party solicitations, but rather our own internal communications.  However, we can answer your question also.  Occasionally we provide name and address only to third parties in order to have direct mail offers sent to our customers that we think they would find valuable.  We only release this info if the customer has given us permission to do so.  No emails, phone numbers, or medical history or results of any kind are ever provided.

#3 General Comment

Problem not addressed

AUTHOR: SWB - (United States of America)

To Joelle Reizes:

I believe that you either did not recognized the problem that was presented in the case you addressed here, or you ignored it. While they never actually made the accusation, the implication was that Lifeline had been selling patient Information to multiple third party solicitors who were hounding them for their business.

So, I will ask the question outright:
Does Lifeline sell the confidential contact information of the people who participate in their screenings to third party solicitors?

If so, then these people have a very valid complaint.

RE: Solicitation & Customer Experience

AUTHOR: Joelle Reizes - (United States of America)

My name is Joelle Reizes and I am the Communications Director for Life Line Screening. I would like to address some of the claims made in this report.

We do send out appointment reminders when it is time to return for additional screenings, typically a year or so after your initial
screening. We do include some general information about your initial screenings so that we can explain why we are recommending certain screenings to you for re-screening, and why some are not needed at that time.

Life Line Screening wants to ensure that participants like you, John, do have a good overall experience. This includes calls to our customer service call center. I would like to address these matters personally.

Please contact me directly through http://www.lifelinescreening.com/about-us/contact-us.aspx.

Please put 2/12/12 customer service complaint for Joelle Reizes in the comment box so that I can address this with you immediately.