Complaint Review: Lifestyle Family Fitness

St Peters Florida
    St Petersberg, Florida
    United States of America

Lifestyle Family Fitness Ripp Off St Petersberg, Florida

I cancelled my membership back in November and was told that the payment I made was suffient to close the account and there would be no more payments because I had paid in advance upon registering. I asked if there were any more payments I was told no! Received a bill in the mail in December and called to clarify what it was about. The representative told me he could see that my account was closed and that I had no payments other payments.

I received a call from Lifestyle this morning regarding an outstanding balance when I called I was told that I had to pay the extra month plus the charges assaociated with them not being able to charge my CC on file. I spoke to the Rep at length saying I called after I got a bill after my cancellation and was told I did not owe anything. I asked to speak to the manager who stated she could only see that I cancelled and not that I called afterwards and I had to pay.

Because I dont want $33.00 to go into collections and mess up my credit I paid them as they agreed to remove the extra charges.

This company is riddled with incompetent staff who give false information so they can set up you up to pay excess dues and fees!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lifestyle-family-fitness/st-petersberg-florida-/lifestyle-family-fitness-ripp-off-st-petersberg-florida-824523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content