Complaint Review: Lifetime-Fitness

• Lifetime-Fitness
    Corporate Blvd
    Chanhassen, Minnesota
    United States of America

Lifetime-Fitness Termination not honored - kept my $$ a month Chanhassen, Minnesota

Signed up for a membership on a Wed, went back in teh following Monday to cancel.  They have a 14 day cancellation policy for new members.  Was told to go in and physically sign, which I did.  They had a week to process my cancellation.  They went ahead and charged me for the first full month of membership.  I called immediately and was told to 'not worry'.
A week later, the money had still not been refunded.  Called again, different rep.  Was told that the cancellation had never been processed.
Called 'Kevin" and addressed the issue and he danced around and never did tell me when canceled.  But to 'not worry, sometimes these 'things' take awhile".
Called a week, later no refund.  Left message for Kevin, no callback.
Called again another week later, no refund, left message for Kevin, no callback.
It's now been a month and I'm sure I'm going to get charged for another month.

They're lovely and friendly when they're taking your money, but not when you want it back.
BEWARE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lifetime-fitness/chanhassen-minnesota-55317/lifetime-fitness-termination-not-honored-kept-my-a-month-chanhassen-minnesota-1034967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content