Complaint Review: Lighthouse Publishing/Andy Overett

• Reported By: Bill Watkins, Author — Los Angeles California USA
  • Lighthouse Publishing/Andy Overett

Internet
    USA

Lighthouse Publishing/Andy Overett CreateSpace Self-Publisher in Disguise Took Me for 400 Bucks Georgia and/or Minnesota

I was desperate to publish my book.  As my book had a lot of Christian themes, I thought to pitch it to some Christian "publishers"/agents.  One of those was Lighthouse Christian Publishing, found online.  I sent them an email with my pitch and a manuscript in doc form.

After twenty years of mostly rejections for my work, I was cheered to see that Lighthouse wanted to publish my work!  Some things bothered me about the contract, but I wanted to believe in the deal, and tried to have faith--so after saving money for six months, I finally paid Lighthouse/Andy Overett $399 via paypal to get the "publishing" started.

Soon I found out that Andy was unwilling to let me in on process of being paid/how many books were selling, etc.  So I looked further into his "publishing" process to find he was just a self-publisher with Amazon.com's "CreateSpace.com."  With them, anyone can self-publish and sell books FOR FREE.

When I learned this, and told Andy via email that I wanted to get out of contract to pursue free self-publishing with CreateSpace on my own, he refused to part with any of the $399 I had sent to him.  I told him via email (no phone number for him given--another red flag) that he could keep $200 for the work he had done on the book, and for illuminating me in some ways--about a great free self-publishing/selling service called CreateSpace.com.

He refused to give me ANY money back, taking the full $399 I saved over a six month period.  He never posted the book on his website, so only half the contract was followed--in which he promised to sell the book on Amazon.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2017 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lighthouse-publishingandy-overett/internet/lighthouse-publishingandy-overett-createspace-self-publisher-in-disguise-took-me-for-400-1348581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content