I purchased a puppy from Lily's Puppy Pad last summer. So many things went wrong, it was an absolute nightmare! I didn't know much about purchasing puppies but when I saw this little guy I just had to have him. Many people told me not to buy a dog from a pet shop... I just had to learn it the hard way... Jason the pet store owner told me that the dog I was purchasing was a pure bred but the breeder never filed papers because it would cost them a couple extra hunderd dollars. But that's the whole point of breeding purebreds, and that's why you pay so much to get them too. They priced this little guy at $1000 (w/out papers)! We worked out a deal so I wouldn't have to pay that price, but under the circumstances you couldn't have paid me to take the puppy if I knew how sick he really was.
I noticed in the store that some of the dogs had blood in their stools. Jason assured me that this was normal for dogs who are just coming off thier mothers' milk. This wasn't the case with my puppy. I found out from the vet that he was 13 weeks when I purchased him. Puppies stop nursing when they are 8 weeks old. I called the pet shop to ask for the health record which they are supposed to have on file (under the law in MI) the report was incomplete and half the information was false. They had his birthdate wrong on it, they said he was up to date on his shots which he wasn't. I ended up finding out that he had Giardia, an intestinal parasite which is spread through contact with infected feces. That's what was causing the blood in the stool... I had a huge vet bill including the vaccines that were listed as 'given' according to the handwritten health record.
This place needs to be shut down ASAP! I have heard so many complaints about them from so many other people with the EXACT same problems!! They don't care about the puppies or kittens that they sell there otherwise they would have treated them as soon as I called them to notify them that all thier puppies must be infected with the parasites beause it's extremely contagious. Which by the way, is transferrable to humans. So lets say your brought your children in there to look at the cute puppies and they ended up petting the dogs and playing with them, they could have been infected as well if the puppy had residue of feces on it's fur!!!! Horrible horrible experience there....I feel bad for whoever has been through the same thing as me, and I know there are a lot of people out there that have purchased puppies from there. I have filed a complaint with the state of MI and hopefully they will have thier licensed revoked for these cruel living conditions these puppies have to suffer in....