Complaint Review: LiveCareer

• LiveCareer
    , San Francisco, CA 94102-2
    Internet
    USA

LiveCareer LiveCareer.com LiveCareer tricked me into a 'recurring subscription service! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Livecareer Response

My wife noticed a charge today for $34.95 on our credit card from Live Career.  Turns out it's been charged 9 times for a total of $315.  I looked it up, and last October I paid $3.95 to build a resume on their site.  I think the reason they even charge for the resume is to get your credit card number.  They say they include a note to tell you you are signing up for a recurring montly bill of $34.95.  This is nonsense. I never saw that warning - who in their right mind would sign up for $34.95 a month from a resume building site!  I called them today and they could see I've never logged into the service since the initial resume build and agreed to refund 2 months of the 9 that have been billed.

I see they have a canned response anytime anyone posts this experience online.  Expect to see it as a rebuttal here soon - 'We're sorry but you signed up for a recurring service - please feel free to call our hotline...'  Ha!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/livecareer/internet/livecareer-livecareercom-livecareer-tricked-me-into-a-recurring-subscription-service-i-1065930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Livecareer Response

AUTHOR: Zei - ()

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your comments.

Paul, we do more than “include a note” to let you know of our re-occurring subscription.  We post this feature on the subscriptions option page, again on the purchase confirmation page and then include this detail on your confirmation e-mail that we send to every one of our subscribers (it’s included in the main part of the subscription options – NOT in small print).   Many of our subscribers do keep their subscriptions active while they are job searching, realizing that a customized resume and cover letter for every job opening that they apply greatly increases their chances of being hired.

We also ensure that our subscribers can easily cancel their subscriptions by providing multiple  ways of cancelling – by phone (our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week), through live chat, by  e-mail or even through the self-cancellation feature on the website.

Thanks again for writing.

LiveCareer