Complaint Review: Local Records Office

Columbus, Ohio
    United States of America

Local Records Office Local Records Office in Columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Sadly I did fall for it

Local Record Office based in Columbus, OH send an "official" looking notice asking for $89 to get a copy of a deed or title on a house recently purchased.  Looked official.  Purchase price and details looked close enough to actual purchase date.  They made up a property ID number.  Not sure how they got my information but what tipped me off to the scam was that they spelled my name incorrectly.  DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/local-records-office/columbus-ohio-43215/local-records-office-local-records-office-in-columbus-ohio-926620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Sadly I did fall for it

AUTHOR: Sapphiretyger - (U.S.A.)

Being  a new homebuyer I did fall for it. As you said it was official looking. Now I realize the info on my house is a matter of public record and anyone can access it. I am so furious!