Report: #791915

• LocalOnline Yellowbook
    One International Blvd. Ste 400
    Mahwah, New Jersey
    United States of America

LocalOnline Yellowbook Telephone Advertising Fraud calls you for free ad for 30 days pastes tape recordings together makes you say yes. Mahwah, New Jersey

Today 10-24-11 at 2:00pm I received a bill on invoice # LOYB5005005 with a letter stating that since we want to cancel service we owe $549.95.  I called and spoke to a receptionist and to Janet John.  Their statement is because we didn't cancel with 30 days we owe for the ad we ran last year.

My company never entered into a contract with this bogus business.  There is no written contract and there are no initials or signature that we approved the ad copy.

I have searched for the supposed ad on their website and it did not exist.  When I told them that they said well I can see it and miraculously it is now there with an incorrect address.  Why would I approve an ad with a wrong address?

I've asked for a written signed agreement and they can't produce one.  It's all verbal they say.  But they don't know who or how long it will take to produce the evidence.  What I'm reading at other sites is that they patch together phone recordings to make you sound like you are saying yes.  I was told I was unreasonable for asking for proof.  The receptionist refers to people on her end as "they" and "specific departments".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/localonline-yellowbook/mahwah-new-jersey-07495/localonline-yellowbook-telephone-advertising-fraud-calls-you-for-free-ad-for-30-days-past-791915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content