Complaint Review: Locksmith pros - Murray

• Locksmith pros - Murray

Internet
    USA

Locksmith pros - Murray ND Locksmith Rip off Locksmith Murray Utah

We just bought a house and needed our locks re-keyed. I searched for "Locksmith in Murray" on Google and locksmith-pros was one of the first ones to come up. I called them and they said it would be about $19 per lock however they never gave me an exact price. We set up a time for them to come out when my wife would be home because I was working. I told my wife it would be about $80 because we have two doors with a lock on the doorknob and a dead bolt on each. When they showed up they had my wife sign something and they said it would be $80 each.

My wife, thinking I had agreed signed the paper and they immediately started working on the lock. She called me quickly after to verify if that was correct. I told her it should be about $80 total not per lock plus a $35 service charge. I called the office of the locksmith and got transferred around 4 times. Finally I spoke to a supervisor who said they would call the locksmith. They didn't tell me they would help they just said they would call the locksmith. Then the locksmith called me and said he could give me 10 percent off. Well 10 percent off of $355 is only $35.

That is still very different from $80. I told the locksmith that is still too much and I was told $19 per lock. He started laughing at me and said no one does locks for that cheap. I told him that was the price they advertise online and the price I was told when I called. He said it was $350 but he could give me 10 percent off. The locks where already done (it took them literally a couple minutes to complete) so he said I had to pay. I got him to drop it down to $250 and I told my wife to pay him and just be done with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2017 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/locksmith-pros-murray/internet/locksmith-pros-murray-nd-locksmith-rip-off-locksmith-murray-utah-1355636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content