Complaint Review: Long Island Power Authority LIPA

• Reported By: Mastic New York
  • Long Island Power Authority LIPA
    2045 Route 112, Coram, New York 11727
    Nationwide

Long Island Power Authority LIPA I got billed over $3,500 in a two week period!! Coram New York

*Consumer Comment: same

In March 2009 we got a extra charge of $440 added to our normal bill. My wife called to complain and they said that we will be getting more bills. They claim that they are back billing because they under billed our account. Two weeks later we got 3 new bills that totaled over $3,500. The total they say we owe now is $4,400. They just left a note on our door saying we came to collect $3.995.02 and they want it in 24 hours. I called them in response and asked them to logically explain how they got to that amount and they could not. I asked them about the dispute process and basically it is we say you owe it and you got to pay. I told them I did not have the money and if I could work out a payment plan, they said that I have to pay $2200 upfont due that same day. This is a direct conflict of what is on their website. The representative would not even give me a few days to raise it. LIPA is just like the mob. They are strong arming and extorting their customers. I guess they are doing this to raise funds instead of getting a Government bail out. A class action lawsuit needs to be started against LIPA!

Godscreation
Mastic, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/long-island-power-authority-lipa/nationwide/long-island-power-authority-lipa-i-got-billed-over-3500-in-a-two-week-period-coram-new-451230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

same

AUTHOR: jazzman3333 - (United States of America)

more of same after SANDY hit. UNEXPAINABLE 150+ in LIPA expenses when I have NAtural GAS heat. NO EXPLAINATION in writing from CONCERN on the matter, only threats of eviction.(illegal since Im a vet and my rent is PAID)