Complaint Review: Lou Dayo Lou Dayo USA Duaban Mining Ghana Accra Ocean Annette Smith Annetta Smith
- Lou Dayo Lou Dayo USA Duaban Mining Ghana Accra Ocean Annette Smith Annetta Smith
Accra Ghana (also USA)
- Phone: 233-249489010
- Category: ORGANIZED CRIME
Lou Dayo USA Duaban Mining Ghana Accra Ocean Annette Smith Annetta Smith Professional Gold Scammers/ fraudsters working in USA and Ghana - BEWARE!! Accra Ghana
*Consumer Comment: Please can you help?
*Consumer Comment: I too have been scamed by annette lou smith and mr.ocean of loudayo
No doubt, anyone reading this message has already researched gold (dust in particular) purchase and resale. On the face of it - Ghana offers real opportunity, you can pretty much buy significant quantities - at prices that can make a very healthy return.
That's exactly what i though and did as much homework as i could, which is how i found the Lou Dayo company: -
I'm sure this is where many of you are right now!
Its headed by an African-American lady called Annette Smith - picture of her on her Website (with shades!). I phoned, discussed everything regarding my business and subsequently visited Ghana on a fact-finding mission. What made this feel so real was that Annette was American, spoke the language, was confident and knew the gold business well - however this is all part of the scam - to entice you in.
I met Annette whilst i was in Ghana and was introduced to a large Ghanaian called 'Mr. Ocean' (at a Chinese restaurant in Achimota). Apparently he was a mine owner, and a village chief. His 'company' held the appropriate export license to allow private buyers to export gold dust.
Now here's the thing....
1) I visited his mining operation - details of this i can supply, and whilst small - is full operational
2) I checked his mining permit and export license via the PMMC in Accra
3) I 'road-tested' all his paperwork by purchasing a small quantity of alluvial concentrate (gold dust) worth $2000, and took this to Dubai. Here i tested privately - confirming the authenticity of the product befor selling it.
4) On my route to Dubai, i went to see Customs at Accra airport and made them check the paperwork supplied by Mr. Ocean and Annette - it was generally speaking ok.
5) I returned to the UK and planned a more substantial visit back to Ghana to procure a much larger transaction...of 2Kgs of Gold dust - which was being sold to me for $20,000 a kilo.
I was still hesitant and cautious in my dealings, taking only some of my money with me. With Annette's and Mr.Ocean's help i established a personal account with Standard Chartered Bank in Accra Central (their largest branch). There assistance with this gave me assurance that i was dealing with genuine business people (alas my optimism was unfounded!). There is more detail around setting up the bank account - but i'll leave that for now - suffice to say i set-up the account and managed to get my money across. Note that i used S.C because this is who they bank with.
Once i had my money - i withdrew $40,000 dollars, went to Mr.Ocean's house in Achimota - an area within Accra. Behind the green steel doors and barbed wire fencing this nondescript house is where Mr.Ocean & co conduct their fraud. I was fully on my guard - but by this stage i had been to this house several times - and felt reasonably comfortable.
1) The gold they sell is genuine! - this is what makes the scam professional! i tested using acid - which is fairly common. You can also test via the Government owned Ministry, this is mandatory to get the export papers. The point here is that - the goods were absolutely genuine
2) All the paperwork produced was genuine - this includes the fully legit copies of the Export form (A2 form), Certificate of Origin and Seller invoice.
3) Once i had the gold and paperwork - i gave the money, exchanged niceties and left. At this stage i was being shuttled by Mr. Ocean's own driver (to and from the hotel). I genuinely believed this was the safest option. After all, i was now convinced that these people were genuine and were looking for a long term partnership
4) On the way back to the hotel, the driver is going slow - on the lookout for something.....and i'm sure he deviates from his usual route.
5) I hear a brief siren, and get stopped by a fully armed police car. Two cops step out (with guns). Some rubbish about a random drug check is given. I know instantly whats about to happen.....my heart sinks.
6) A childish act follows whereby the drivers paperwork is checked, and silly questions asked. They then eye my rucksack, and ask me to open it. I know where this is going....and in all fairness i feel that its not worth doing anything that could risk my life.
7) They grab the sealed contents and demand to see the paperwork. They take the paperwork (i.e. all the proof) and instantly the random drug search is over. They tell us to come to 'a fictitious' police station and scarper.
8) The driver, clearly in on the whole charade, comes out with some jibberish about not to worry and telling Mr. Ocean etc etc etc.
9) I get to the hotel and absolutely lay in to the driver - causing a big scene outside the hotel...
10) I decide not to tell the authorities as i have lost all confidence in everything around me.....i was held up by absolutely genuine police offers - but obviously paid off! who can i trust now!
11) Mr. Ocean rings 1 hour later.....denying all culpability! - i take none of it - but know theres little i can do. I also believe he was trying to sting me for more money to try and 'pay off' the already paid off cops!!
12) I leave Ghana the next day and vow never to return.
People......these guys are professionals. Thats how i was done in. Their scam is elaborate and well executed. They have a number of people paid off to allow them to do what they do.
I can supply further details to anyone interested - but please - you will know instantly who i am talking about if you've seen their website - or met them already. They will set you up with smaller deals and then hit you hard.
My parting words with Mr. Ocean & Co...was simply that i would tell the World about their fraud and cause them the only suffering they care about - loss of revenue!
As a parting note - the PMMC - whom i met did warn me not to deal with anyone privately and not to buy dust, however their own prices were so high, i felt i had to try.
In all i lost $40,000, a huge amount of confidence and trust in my fellow man!!
Any questions - please get back to me - or post your own details.
Always Be careful.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2008 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lou-dayo-lou-dayo-usa-duaban-mining-ghana-accra-ocean-annette-smith-annetta-smith/accra-other/lou-dayo-usa-duaban-mining-ghana-accra-ocean-annette-smith-annetta-smith-professional-gold-364224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: