Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sun, August 27, 2017

• Reported By: Carole — Mobile Alabama USA
Luna
Internet USA

Luna Skin Care scam internet offer for free one month trial pay shipping only Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Customer service number at A few months ago I ran across an offer for a free trial of two skin care products, Luna Skin Care Revitalizing Moisterizer and Rejuvenating Facial Serum by paying shipping only which amounted to less than ten dollars. I recieved the products, did not like them, and never reordered them.

The next two months, 6/2017 and 7/2017, I recieved a box containing the same two products, which I had not order. Enclosed was a packing slip that did not identify the company or address other than po box in St Petersburg, FL, nor did it specify the amount I was billed or cost of products. For all returns and cancellations it said call our 24 hour customer service number at. There was no phone number. Below that it said Email: with no email address.

Inside box I found a card with directions on how to use products and a customer care number. I called this number in 6/2017 several times and no one ever anwered. I received a second box, never having used the June box and again tried to call and cancel.

Today as I was paying bills online I reviewed the past few months of my account and found that I had paid $87.35 to MEC YOUR SKIN CREAMS on 5/31/2017, 6/27/2017 and 7/25/2017. In addition, I had paid $89.95 for Velvets MY BERST SKIN SER on 5/31/2017, 6/27/2017 and 7/25/2017.

I called the customer care number that I had found on a previous scam report on this website and after a long enough time for me to put phone down and on speaker and in order to do other work while I waited, which I did, someone finally answered.  The woman ansered not by identifying the company but by saying hello. I gave her my name and address and the subject of my call.

She looked the account up and told me I was entitled to no refund but would cancel my account so that I would receive no further shipments. I argued that I knew they had given previous buyers refunds of from 50-100% of amount as had read this online and she said she had no idea what I was talking about because they had never done this.

We went back and forth and she put me on hold to connect me with her supervisor but came back and just said she could give me a 35% refund on the last shipment which I refused. I asked to speck to supervisor and was told it would be 45 minute wait which I said was fine, I would stay online.

Five to 10 minutes later a man came on the phone and first argued that I would be given no refund as it was not their policy and that I could not return the products, which were unopened, as they did not take returns. After arguing a few minutes he made the 35% refund on last months charge and I refused. He then offered 75% refund (the difference between that and the 35% discount coming from his own personal employee discount) on the previous month charge.

At first,  I agreed to accept but stated that I would be reporting it to the Better Business Bureau and any other agency I could. He said that by accepting the refund I was not allowed to report it to anyone. I told him that unless I recieved a 100% refund on the past two months I was reporting it.

He refused but continued to argue with me and tell me that it didn't matter to whom I reported it there was no case.  He also stated that he would be contacting me in a few days to let me know that he had spoken to whomever I reported them to and that he was told, as always that there was no legal case against the company. I told him I would rather report them than receive the offered discount and said good bye.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2017 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/luna/internet/luna-skin-care-scam-internet-offer-for-free-one-month-trial-pay-shipping-only-internet-1395955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luna