Complaint Review: Macey Bankruptcy Law

111 S Independence Mall East Suite 555
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    United States of America

Macey Bankruptcy Law Inflated and bogus charges Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: in the same situation

I hired Macey Bankruptcy Law for a bankruptcy.  They took the fees out of my checking account.  If I was late setting up a payment, I got a reminder e-mail.  These reminder emails were sent by a clerk.  After paying all the fees, I decided to cancel the bankruptcy and request a refund.  At this point nothing had been done on my case.  I expected that they would take a few hundred dollars for their time.  Much to my surprise, they charged me for over seven hours of work to send out these payment reminders.  They also charged me for the marketing letters they sent to my home offering me a discount if I paid my fees off early.  In addition, after requiring me to send a letter and speak with a counselor in order to end the representation, they had the nerve to charge me for this.  I only got 400 dollars back of the 1700 dollars I paid.  I have contacted the Disciplinary Board,  and the Bar Association.  If I don't get any help there, I am going to small claims court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/macey-bankruptcy-law/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19106/macey-bankruptcy-law-inflated-and-bogus-charges-philadelphia-pennsylvania-849365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

in the same situation

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Sorry for your hardship with this company and I wish I would have read this sooner..But I am in the same exact situation as you.  I did what they asked to request a refund and they just about kept all my money and I even sent an appeal letter and according to them the charges are valid.  What I dont understand is how can you be charged for something they did not do.  I am sorry a letter is not considered work and its amazing the fax they ask you to send over with the cancellation is considered something they must get paid for.  I dont understand how this type of dishonest work is allowed.